Best Pregnancy Body Pillow Reviews
If you’re carrying a child right now or planning on doing so soon you’re likely to know of some of the difficulties you’ll be facing in the near future. One thing that a lot of expectant mothers don’t think about is the difficulty with sleeping that the baby inside of you might cause as you’re trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in.
The benefits of one of these specialized pillows cannot be overstated. Pregnancy pillows can help to alleviate the aches and pains which come along with your child as they grow, allowing you the rest you need each and every night. Whether you’re suffering from general discomfort, hip pain or lower back pain, there’s something for every issue that may arise during your time of need.
There are plenty of different types of this product on the market, and each of these types is suited best for different people. The C-shaped pillows are great for those who suffer from back pain or are prone to rolling over on the night, while U-shaped pillows are best for those who might find themselves rolling over frequently due to the symmetry of shape. There are even a few J-shaped pillows, which can easily be maneuvered into different configurations for those who often change the position they sleep in night-to-night.
If you want to help alleviate the pains of pregnancy and get some quality sleep, then read on. We’ll show you some of the best products on the market, and then give you some information to help you make sure that you get the perfect pregnancy body pillow for your own unique needs.
- 1 Top 10 Best Pregnancy Body Pillow Reviews
- 1.1 1. LeachcoSnoogle Total Body Pillow
- 1.2 2. Today’s Mom Cozy Comfort Pregnancy Pillow
- 1.3 3. Comfort U Total Body Support Pillow
- 1.4 4. PharmMe Doc Total Body Pillow
- 1.5 5. Leachco Back ‘N Belly Contoured Body Pillow
- 1.6 6. Comfort-U MATERNITY Full Body Pillow
- 1.7 7. LeachcoSnoogle Chic Total Body Pillow
- 1.8 8. U Shaped-Premium Contoured Body Pregnancy Maternity Pillow
- 1.9 9. Leachco Back ‘N Belly Chic
- 1.10 10. Naomi Home Cozy Body Pillow
- 2 What to Look for In a Pregnancy Body Pillow
Top 10 Best Pregnancy Body Pillow Reviews
1. LeachcoSnoogle Total Body Pillow
The LeachcoSnoogle is a fantastic C-shaped total body pillow that’s easy to use and makes for a comfortable night’s rest even late in your pregnancy. It’ll allow you to support your whole body with a shocking amount of ease, helping to keep down the spinal aches and pains which can emerge during a pregnancy.
- C-Shape-The C-Shape allows for a variety of ways to snuggle with this pillow depending on your own personal preferences.
- Unique Pillow Case- It comes with a pillow case available in seven different colors. You won’t be able to find a case for this pillow, and this can keep you from having to make one.
- Contoured Design- The contoured design is perfect for most sizes of women.
- Weak Stuffing- Some women have reported that the stuffing loses its shape more quickly than they’d like.
- The Price- Coming in at just under $60, the price may seem a bit high.
Despite its high price, the LeachcoSnoogle is one of the best pregnancy pillows on the market. It’s a high-quality maternity pillow which virtually guarantees a good night of sleep.
2. Today’s Mom Cozy Comfort Pregnancy Pillow
This U-shaped pregnancy body pillow is perfect for those who need to have something to clutch while they sleep. It’s designed to caress your body and help you get to sleep. You can even use it post-pregnancy to support your child for nursing.
- U-Shape- Perfect for clutching on to at night, and providing support for both your tummy and your back.
- Four Colors- It comes in four different colors, allowing you to suit your aesthetic needs.
- Large Head Rest- It comes with a large headrest, so you won’t need an additional pillow to stay comfortable.
- Not Much Stuffing- Many who’ve used it have complained about the amount of stuffing, but admit it’s easily fixed by just adding more.
- A Bit Short- It’s a bit short, so if you’re much over 5’4” you’ll want to look elsewhere.
Many women have found this pillow to be great, but there are some complaints. If you’re tall, it’s probably not suited for you.
3. Comfort U Total Body Support Pillow
The Comfort-U is another U-shaped full body pillow. It’s over-sized compared to a lot of products on the market, making it suitable for a wider variety of women than some of the others on this list. Its unique filling might just make it one of the best pregnancy pillows on the market.
- Unique Fusion Fiber Filling– This “expanded polymer” filling allows air to flow through it quite smoothly, preventing the usual issues with overheating.
- Enormous-Each “leg” of this pillow is 68” long, so it’s sure to feet between the knees of all but the tallest women.
- Machine Washable– You can wash this pillow in a regular washing machine and extend its lifespan and usefulness.
- Loses Support Overnight- The unique fiber tends to crush down quite easily. This isn’t a permanent loss of shape, though, you can easily fluff it back up.
- Bulky- This body pillow is quite large, so if you’re on a small bed it may cause some problems.
If you have a bed large enough to take care of the large size of the Comfort-U, you’ll find that it just might be the best pregnancy body pillow around.
4. PharmMe Doc Total Body Pillow
If you prefer a J-shaped pillow, take a close look at this offering from PharmMe Doc. It’s made of great materials and the design just might fit your needs perfectly. You’ll quickly fall in love with this one, especially if you like to sleep in varied positions.
- J-shape– The J-shape will allow you to sleep in a wide variety of positions since you can bend the longer “leg” anyway you choose. It’ll also easily let you use your normal pillow for your head with no fuss.
- Cotton Cover– This pregnancy body pillow comes with a cotton cover which is sure to feel good on your skin.
- Firm Padding– The padding will hold its shape well for a long period of time.
- Hard to Wash– Some people have reported that not only is it hard to wash, but the cotton cover readily shrinks if you’re not careful.
- Not Durable– If you’re a sleeper who really tears into things, you’ll be looking for a new pillow pretty quickly if you choose this one.
The unique design of this pillow makes it seem like a great deal, but if you’re a “rough sleeper” you’ll need something more durable.
5. Leachco Back ‘N Belly Contoured Body Pillow
This pregnancy pillow from Leachco has a unique design which is sure to please some. It will allow you to place your pregnancy tummy. The symmetrical design is also perfect if you have a tendency to toss and turn during the night.
- Unique, Symmetrical Shape- Perfect for a pregnancy tummy, and you can easily turn over to the other side and resume the same comfortable position you were in originally.
- Fluffy Stuffing- This pillow is sure to please with a surprising amount of soft stuffing throughout the entire shape.
- Great for Hip and Back Pain- Most users of this pillow have reported a surprising amount of pain relief.
- Straight Stitch Across the Bend- There’s straight stitching across the U of the pillow, which can make it uncomfortable for taller people.
- A Bit Hot- As a tradeoff for the comfortable stuffing, this pillow might be too warm for some people to use comfortably.
The unique design of this product makes it one of the best body pillows for those who change positions frequently during the night.
6. Comfort-U MATERNITY Full Body Pillow
Comfort-U makes one of the best pregnancy body pillows around. This one is an oversized U, and if you have the room for it, it’s sure to become an absolutely necessary addition to your bed. It’s huge, it’s fluffy, and it’s high quality.
- Fusion Fiber Filling- This filling is a modification of polyester fibers which will allow air to pass through easily and keep you from getting hot.
- Machine Washable- The pillow is machine washable, although you may need an industrial sized washer and dryer like those at laundromats to take advantage of this.
- Color Options- It comes in five different color options, one of which is sure to match your existing bedding.
- Very Large- This pillow is quite large, and if you sleep with a partner you’ll probably want a king-sized bed.
- Constant Fluffing- Unfortunately, the Fusion Fiber has a tendency to go flat, so you’ll need to fluff it every morning.
If you’re looking for something symmetrical for tossing and turning, and still of a big enough size to support your whole body comfortably, take a closer look at this pregnancy pillow from Comfort U.
7. LeachcoSnoogle Chic Total Body Pillow
The LeachcoSnoogle Chic is a slight variation on their highly-rated Snoogle pregnancy pillow. The slight changes in the design can make for a more comfortable sleep for those who aren’t happy with the polyester cover of the original Snoogle.
- Jersey Knit Cover- The cover for the LeachcoSnoogle Chic is made of a comfortable blend of cotton and polyester which is pleasing to the touch.
- C-Shape- Allows you to rest how you wish, and maximize your comfort in order to attain a full night’s rest.
- Back Support- Will keep you from turning onto your back in the night.
- Weak Stuffing- Like the original Snoogle, the stuffing can be a bit weak and tends to lose shape more rapidly than most people would like.
- Hard to Use a Regular Pillow With- If you’re in love with your normal pillow, you’ll find that it can be hard to use with this one.
The LeachcoSnoogle Chic is a great pillow, with a high-quality cover. It may not be suitable for everyone, but it’s definitely something worth taking a closer look at.
8. U Shaped-Premium Contoured Body Pregnancy Maternity Pillow
This generic branded pregnancy pillow is actually one of the best around. It has adequate stuffing, a zippered cover, and is designed to help you get the best sleep possible while pregnant and help with pain.
- Lots of Polyester Stuffing- In order to help you sleep better, this pillow is quite fluffy.
- Zippered Cover- Easily removable for washing, so you won’t have to deal with a nasty pillow case.
- Different Options- If you’re willing to spend a little bit of extra money, you’ll find that you can get a Sherpa cover for this maternity pillow.
- A Bit Small- This isn’t the biggest u-shaped body pillow around, so keep that in mind if you’re of above average height.
- Tendency to Flatten- Some users of this pillow have reported that it tends to flatten out quite quickly.
While it might seem to be a generic pregnancy pillow, the Sherpa covers available can make this one stand out from the competition. If you want a comfortable cover, you could do a lot worse than making this pregnancy pillow yours.
9. Leachco Back ‘N Belly Chic
This is another one of the best maternity pillows from Leachco. It takes the design of the Back N Belly described above, and adds a much better cover which will allow for the fabric to breathe easier and feel better on your skin.
- Unique Design- The symmetrical design of this pillow will allow you to turn over without having to readjust the pillow, which can be a problem with C-shaped designs.
- Jersey Knit Cover- The cover for this pillow is a big step up from the lower quality cover on the normal Back’N’Belly pillow.
- The Best Pain Relief- This pillow isn’t just recommended for pregnancy, a lot of people of both sexes have found it useful for alleviating aches and pains.
- Big- This pregnancy pillow is rather large, and can take up a considerable amount of room in your bed.
- Too Fluffy for Some- Some people find this pillow to be too fluffy and “high” which can be a bit hard on the neck.
If you’re looking for a pillow with a heck of a hug, a lot of fluff and a great cover then take a closer look at this one. You won’t be disappointed.
10. Naomi Home Cozy Body Pillow
This offering from Naomi Home is another one of the best pregnancy body pillows on the market. This one has the same symmetrical design as the Back’N’Belly pillows described above but comes with the added feature of extra padding in the head area.
- Reinforced Fluff for Your Head– One of the biggest drawbacks of many maternity pillows is that they’re not quite suitable for someone who really needs extra head comfort. That’s definitely not the case here.
- Variety of Colors– The case can be purchased in six different colors, so you can easily match it to your current bedding.
- Makes a Great Nursing Pillow– It’s designed not only to keep the expectant mother comfortable but also to allow your child to feed with minimal discomfort.
- Too Poofy- Some people have found that this pillow simply has too much padding for them to sleep comfortably.
- Too Big- It can take up a lot of room, even in a queen sized bed.
This is probably the best symmetrical pregnancy pillow around, and even the disadvantages seem to come at a small price considering the additional advantages it offers.
What to Look for In a Pregnancy Body Pillow
With so many choices on the market, you’re surely wanting to do some research on these products. We’re here to help so that you can make your pregnancy as comfortable as possible with an informed purchase.
The first consideration to take into account is that you’ll definitely want to make sure you pick the proper shape for your sleeping habits. Let’s take a look at this part of the process in detail.
- C-Shape- C-shaped pillows offer a lot of support for your back and can let you curl comfortably into a ball if that’s the way you like to sleep. You can also turn over and grasp the back of the “C” shape which gives you a couple of different options.
- U-Shape- U-shaped pillows are symmetrical, which can give an advantage to those who turn over frequently during the night. Some of the other pillows can be quite a bear to deal with if you want to turn over and need to turn the whole pillow over which will just interrupt your sleep.
- J-Shape- J-shaped pillows are perfect for those who frequently change positions as you can easily change the whole pillow around to suit your preferences. Pull it down and grasp the bottom of the “J” with your knees, or sleep with your head on the “J” and hug the side. The possibilities are almost endless with this versatile design.
After you’ve decided on a shape, you’ll want to take into account the size of the pillow. Shorter women will be fine with some of the smaller options, and things can be a bit different for taller women. Take a close look at the size before you order anything, to make sure it’s suitable for you.
Once you have the correct size and shape, you’ll want to pick a cover material and color. Covers can be quite expensive for these great products, and for some you might have to have a new one custom made. If you’re the sewing type it isn’t that big of an issue, but for the less crafty it can become quite expensive.
You’ll also want to see how much padding is in it and if it’s fluffy or firm as everyone will have different preferences in this area. Pick the one you think will suit your needs the best, as this part of the purchase is largely up to your own personal choice.
Lastly, the price will come into play. Keep in mind that a lower priced pillow is quite often a lower quality one, so try to suit your budget without buying something that will fall apart quickly.
If you’re expecting, or even planning on it, a pregnancy body pillow is one of the wisest purchases you can make. You’ll be able to sleep in comfort and rest well throughout this physically difficult part of your life. So treat yourself, and enjoy bring your new little one into the world in peace and comfort.